Here are six simple strategies to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight:
1. Plan your meals in advance. Know what, when, and how much you will be eating. Then you don’t have to worry about making less-than-great decisions when you are pressed for time.
2. Cook. Find healthy recipes that are simple, with few ingredients, and that take 30 minutes or less to prepare. I like my crockpot. Fish is also quick and easy and delicious.
3. Eat slowly. Give your mind time to register your fullness. When you eat quickly, you eat more than you need to feel full.
4. Watch your portion size. For example, a portion size of meat is the size of the palm of your hand. For most men, that is 4 ounces of meat. For women, it is about 3 ounces.
5. Keep hydrated. We often confuse thirst for hunger so always drink a glass of water first if you feel hungry.
6. Get moving. Try to exercise regularly, whether that means going to the gym or going for a walk or running up and down the stairs at work. Just move!
Source: Stop and Shop